We guarantee our tooth whitening service is safe and effective.
We use the only method approved by the EU for teeth whitening.
Currently legislation is being breached by many providers in Ireland. Patients are finding themselves with ineffective treatments or worse still, in pain after treatment. Only a dentist is legally allowed to provide tooth whitening in Ireland and across the EU. This is to ensure patient safety by ensuring patients are suitable for tooth whitening and that safe materials are being used.
How does it work?
• We provide patients with custom made whitening trays, which are laboratory made after taking impressions.
• Patients will be also given a kit containing several syringes of whitening gel.
• The dentist will demonstrate to the patient how to use the kit.
• The whitening trays are inserted for 1 hour a day. Most patients are happy with the results after 3 weeks.
• Patients will need to repeat this process occasionally to maintain the effects of the tooth whitening gel, 2-3 days of whitening should be sufficient.
• How often you need to repeat will depend upon factors such as exposure to staining drinks such as coffee, tea and red wine.
Are there any side effects?
Tooth whitening is safe and doesn’t damage your enamel or gums, as long as it is done by a dental professional. Sensitivity may increase while whitening but this can be managed with sensitive toothpastes. Sensitivity will reverse when whitening is complete.
Am I suitable?
Not everybody is suitable for tooth whitening. It is not recommended for anyone under 18 years old. Also, it is important to know that previous restorations such as crowns, bridges or fillings will NOT change colour.